CTAC assisted the Denver Public Schools to develop, implement, and assess a breakthrough performance-based compensation system incorporating Student Learning Objectives (SLOs). The project demonstrated that linking what students learn to what teachers earn can be a catalyst for systemic change that benefits students and teachers.
- The most groundbreaking reform in performance-based systems in the country—ProComp
- Student achievement increased at all three school levels during all years of the initiative
- Approval by teachers of a landmark compensation system by a 3-to-2 margin
- Approval by voters of a $25 million tax increase by a 3-to-2 margin to support the new compensation plan
- Helped launch a national movement toward performance-based systems and SLOs