CTAC provided assistance to the public schools in Cleveland, Ohio, during a time that included a state takeover of the district. We helped Cleveland to implement the Standard Bearer Schools process and a Principals’ Performance Support System that linked evaluation to student success.
- The first site-based, school reform initiative in Cleveland that showed sustained performance improvements
- Standard Bearers outperformed the rest of the district in three out of four state testing areas
- 100% lower student suspension rates at Standard Bearers compared to the rest of the district
- CTAC guided reorganization of the central administration, helping build the district’s capacity to allocate scarce resources to address recurring issues that most affected student learning
- The groundbreaking Principals’ Performance Support System linked principal evaluation to student success