Prompted by numerous federal initiatives, many states and school districts are implementing reforms aimed at fundamentally improving school performance and student academic growth. The Community Training and Assistance Center (CTAC) has the specialized expertise to help implement these reforms successfully.
CTAC provides a unique level of leadership and involvement in federal education initiatives. Indeed, our groundbreaking work with the Denver Public Schools and numerous TIF initiatives provided the crucial research base that helped foster Congressional support for the Teacher and School Leader Incentive Program.
We have extensive experience helping state boards and departments of education, school districts and schools to successfully navigate these often complex and challenging federal programs and develop the capacities to achieve success.
CTAC provides technical assistance in key federal program areas, including:
- Developing, implementing, and evaluating innovative practices that promote personalized learning, drive student growth, and increase college enrollment rates
- Implementing Common Core, College and Career-Ready and industry standards at school and classroom levels
- Establishing responsive human capital management systems
- Creating data systems and methodologies that enable staff to identify the root causes of underperformance
- Recruiting, developing, rewarding, and retaining effective teachers and principals
- Improving student academic growth in the lowest-achieving schools
- Fostering productive partnerships with the private sector and the philanthropic community
CTAC has a proven record of achieving success by addressing a range of issues: human and technical capacity building, system realignment, resource allocation, and the need for ongoing communication and engagement among multiple stakeholders. We bring this knowledge to each engagement, successfully tailoring a solution—based on individual state or district circumstances—to the requirements of the specific federal program.
- Performance-based compensation
- Supporting Effective Educator Development Grant Program (SEED)
- Education Innovation and Research (EIR)
- Teacher and School Leader Incentive Program (TSL)
- National Science Foundation: Education and Human Resources Research
CTAC can help you as a partner or as an evaluator. Contact us to learn more.